“All things are ready, if our mind be so.” - Shakespeare
When you’re setting out to take the ACT, there can be a lot of fear and confusion- just as there is with the entire college application process. So to help you out, we have assembled an entire smorgasbord of ACT resources that go into great detail regarding every aspect of the ACTs.
The more unknowns you can eliminate, the more your brain will be able to focus on what’s important come test day and allow you to do your very best.
The more you understand what’s coming, the more confidence you will be able to take into testing and, ultimately, knock it out of the park!
Prep is key for taking the ACT.
Below is a compact collection of answers to the most frequently asked questions about the ACT to make your study time as easy as possible.
The list is divided into three sections:
- Everything you need to know about before the ACT.
- Everything you need to know about during the ACT.
- Everything you need to know about after the ACT.
Simply click on the individual questions or links to be taken to the detailed answer.
As you can see with the question groupings, most of the legwork needs to take place before the test if you want to achieve your highest score possible.
To that end, once you have all of your major questions answered through the list below, don’t hesitate to head on over to our ACT Complete Package Course to enjoy our online training to put all this knowledge to good use.
If your test is coming up soon and you don’t have enough time for long-term training, never fear! We even have an ACT Quick Prep Course available that can get you ready in as fast as four hours.
Before The ACT
Whether you are just starting your ACT prep or you’ve been at it a while, everyone needs to be aware of the timelines involved and can benefit from having all their questions answered in advance. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning ACT pre-game.
- Are you having trouble deciding between the two main college admissions tests? Watch this video on the main differences between the ACT & the SAT to make a well-informed decision regarding which exam is best for you.
- When should you take the ACT? Don’t just leave things up to chance. There IS a right time for you to take the test. Read this article to figure out when.
- What to do the week leading up to the ACT? What should you be focusing on? How should you study? What do you need to have ready?
- How many times can you take the ACT? The answer is not as straightforward as you may have been told. Check out the article to find out more.
- Where can I find great online ACT courses? You certainly came to the right place with this question. There are several excellent options available for every type of student.
- How can I improve my ACT score? There is a dandy handful of things you can do, and it may surprise you how quickly improvement can happen.
During The ACT
When it comes to the main event, everyone deserves to have a solid strategy in place for tackling the ACT. Use these frequently asked questions to give yourself every advantage and make it more likely that you’ll achieve your highest possible score.
- What is on the ACT? Understanding the structure and components of the test will bolster your confidence and help you set healthy expectations. This will cover a lot of information such as what does “ACT” stand for, how long is the ACT, what you should study for the ACT, and much, much more.
- Where can you find the best and quickest tips to improve your score right now, today? This fantastic, completely free e-book, The Insider’s Guide to the ACT & SAT, is an awesome resource not to be missed.
- Where can I find a free practice test? They say practice makes perfect. While we’re not proponents of the idea that perfect should necessarily be the goal, we do believe in practicing as much as possible to strengthen your mind-muscle! Know unequivocally that you are ready for whatever comes your way by practicing as much as you can before the big day.
- What are all the tricks and strategies you need to know and practice to achieve your best possible score on the ACT? We have listed our favorites for you all in one place and organized by subject. So in this article, you’ll see ACT English Tips, ACT Math Tips, ACT Reading Tips, and ACT Science Tips.
After The ACT
Relax. Celebrate. You’ve done the hardest part by actually taking the test. But, of course, there is still work to be done as part of the bigger picture of the whole college application process. Here are the two major questions concerning post- “pencils down.”
- How is the ACT scored? By understanding the strategy behind what they’re asking of you and how you are graded on it, you’ll be able to strategize better on how to approach the test as well as understand what your scores mean when you get them back.
- What is a good ACT score? How do you compare nationally? When should you share your score? What are colleges seeing when they look at your score? Learn all this and more by reading this article.
- Who do I send my ACT scores to? Whether you have your list of potential colleges set or whether you’re just starting your college application process and have no idea where you want to go, March Consulting is an amazing resource for doing a college comparison deep dive. As college admissions advisors, they can help you find your ideal school, demystify the application process, and save you money on college!
Don’t see your question answered above or worried about something specific to your situation? We’re here for you. Send us a message and we’ll be happy to help however we can.
You could also poke around a bit on the ACT site to hear the latest info straight from the horse’s mouth.
If you’re ready to take the next step and ensure that you have practiced everything you need to in order to get a completely brag-worthy score, don’t forget to take a look at our online ACT courses that can get you solidly prepared for testing day.